Thursday, October 14, 2010

My first attempt at paid photography

It should be obvious that I enjoy taking pictures; especially since I now have a pretty decent digital SLR camera.  Drew hooked me up with a company that he uses to take photographs for his various apartment communities. Now, I am doing photography work for them on a part-time basis.  The product is pretty interesting. It is HDR photography with their own twist. HDR photography is the process of taking multiple images (my photographs I've taken) and blending them together.  Each finished "scene" is made up of 4-6 identical photographs which were taken at various exposures.  The varied exposures allows the best attributes of each photography to be blended into one incredibly vivid image.

This past Tuesday I had my first paid assignments. I had to photograph a 2 bedroom condo in San Francisco and then 2 separate apartment communities outside of Sacramento. I will post some of the pre and post-process photos from each below as well as links to the completed HD video tours.

Here are some unprocessed photos that I took.






San Francisco condo - click here to view the finished HD tour.
The Esplanade - click here to view the finished HD tour.
The Arbors - click here to view the finished HD tour.

Here are some processed photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment