Saturday, May 29, 2010

The joys of quiet

It happened yesterday around 5:30pm. I arrived home to find 3 dogs sound asleep on the couch, 1 cat curled up in a ball dreaming his life away and 25 or so fish happily swimming around their pond.  However, I immediately noticed there was something amiss. The house hadn't been robbed, the power was still on, there was no funnel cloud to be seen.  There was no bickering.....you're doing this wrong, you're doing that wrong, stop mumbling, huh? what? let me tell you how to feed your own dog............

And then I realized.......it had happened.


The in-laws left for the weekend!

Welcome to the land of peace and quiet....at least for the next 48 hours.  I quietly made the dogs dinner as they anxiously awaited its arrival; after all, they don't really care how many little chucks of wet food you give them, or how well you smash up the green beans that someone told you was so good for the dogs. They just want to be fed.

Now,  on to my own dinner.....macadamia crusted mahi mahi with stirred fried veggies.

Oh the joy of peace and quiet....just me, my mahi mahi, my veggies and Tyler Perry's Madea!

48 hours and counting........................

No comments:

Post a Comment